Thursday, June 11, 2009

More Attacks, Vets and 2nd Amendment

I received an e-mail from a friend of mine this morning and he had received the original e-mail from a friend of his. It is quite disturbing to realize that in such a short time how a massive war against Veterans and gun owners has been organized.

After you read this I would like for you to offer some feed back as to the rules in your State/county.

Have they changed to reflect the Napalitano mandates?

Have any of you who perhaps go to the VA or to Military hospitals for treatment been asked these questions?

I can attest to the fact that these questions are asked at the VA I go to for treatment. The questions have changed drastically. The questions use to pertain to the individual such as , Have you felt depressed lately? or; Have you felt like harming yourself? These questions are no longer asked but instead the ones posted are now asked. This came about shortly after the” Nappy manifesto” about Vets.

The following is the original e-mail:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was sent to me from a former shipmate. He says:

I can find nothing in Snopes that contradicts this, and I was asked these 3 questions on my last visit to the VA! (name removed )

This one is for you Veterans.

I have never heard of this before, but I thought it was important enough to pass along here.

"I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found something very interesting I would like to pass along.. While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end of the exam, three questions.

(1. Did I feel stressed?

(2. Did I feel threatened?

(3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone?

The nurse then informed me, if I had answered yes to any of the questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

I am a Viet Nam vet and 15 year cc permit holder. Looks like they are going after the Veterans."

My friend offered this as further proof that there is a vendetta against Veterans: (**and gun owners as well)

I have had a ccw permit for 5 years. I have applied for renewal and it is pending. I received a letter from the Sheriff's office in Mecklenburg County, NC (Charlotte) that they needed a copy of my DD 214. This was not a requirement 5 years ago when I initially applied for my ccw. Yesterday, I was told that the "State now requires us to get a copy of the DD 214" because I checked the box where it says I was honorably discharged from military service. I produced a copy of the document. The person at the desk said they are getting a lot of complaints about this new requirement. I am sure it is not a coincidence that thus new requirement follows on the heels of Homeland Security's Janet Napalitano's crowd tagging everyone who ever drew a military paycheck as a nutcase and should be watched. I am in the process of back tracking on this "new requirement" from the State because (1) my wife (ccw permitee) and (2) we keep track of anything to do with our laws and reqs when it comes to the 2nd Amendment in NC. I have not seen Jack about the "new requirement."

The whole issue of targeting returning Vets from the sand pile is the tip of the iceberg, especially in light of the 87 year old (WW II Vet) whack job who shot a guard at the Holocaust(Museum). Yesterday's shooting is only going to validate the Department of Homeland Security's position on veterans. The State and local LE's are being told to keep and eye on vets and this latest nonsense about producing a DD 214 for a ccw is proof enough for this American.

Be forewarned and be aware.

The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners as potential terrorists.

If you are a veteran, you've been warned.

If you know veterans, please pass this on to them

.

6 comments:

~Leslie said...

Unfortunately, it isn't surprising that this is happening, yet it is still infuriating!

Ask men and women to fight for our country, risking life and limb...then treat them this way. Not to mention, the blatant attack on 2nd Amendment rights for us all...

Bryan said...

I have not been to the VA in my area for quite some time, so I am unsure what they ask and what the results would be if answered yea.

I do know that it is very easy for people to overlook or ignore things when it doesn't seem to affect them at the moment, not realizing that some things have tentacles that are poised to grow, just takes time and then...

Ticker said...

I was at the VA yesterday and the questions were asked. I asked what happened to the old questions that pertained to the individual rather than directed at some other individual and of course no one could answer.

The mindless asking the clueless questions that soon could hang them.

Anonymous said...

I have not heard this, Ticker. A good friend from the VFW just went in yesterday for a colonoscopy, he said the only question he was asked at the VA Hospital, was “How far in do you want it.” Of course, being a sailor, he said, “All the way.”

I don’t carry a firearm; never have out of uniform and don’t see much use in doing it now. But now listen, anyone who does and then answers incorrectly probably shouldn’t have a CC permit. He or she isn’t smart enough to know what was behind the question or maybe s/ he really is too stressed to carry responsibly. Let us agree that carrying a loaded firearm does mandate responsible behavior and above average cognition.

Ticker said...

Regardless of whether one carries a firearm or not the questions are dangerous. One could be assumed to be a radical nut if they answered the questions even in a joking manner as BB did on her blog, "yea, I've wanted to strangle my husband on several occasions lately."
Or they might say, "yea, I'd like to kick my neighbors butt for letting his dog bark all night"

Simple answers such as this , often made in jest, are enough for a slick psychologist to have you committed for being a danger to others. Used in court , they could lead to incarceration and given the tone of this administration, nothing is too low for them to stoop to slow and eventually stop those who are not in agreement.

Anonymous said...

This somewhat reminds me of a gunny I once knew. Selected to attend DI School, a duty assignment he wanted no part of, he decided to convince the psychologist that he wasn’t stable enough to entrust with 40 recruits. For this part, the psychologist could determine BS when he heard it … and he’d been listening to it all day long, as one Marine after another attempted to get out of the assignment. Finally, the gunny walked into the doctor’s office late in the day and the doc decided to go straight to the core of the matter. “Okay Gunny, tell me … how many recruits can you get inside a Dempsey Dumpster?”

My friend thought for a moment, and said, “Wouldn’t that depend on how large the pieces were?”

The Psych determined my friend was “unsuitable” for DI duty.