Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Morning Music Time

;


 While this is not a gospel song or story it is indeed a witness that God is present.
Listen to the song as you read along and see the story in his painting unfold.


What endeavor would you undertake knowing full well that the odds are you will fail? What would you give your all to knowing it's likely you will be severely injured or even die trying? What is the greatest possible reward and in that thought, what is the most valuable and priceless thing on earth?



 ======================================================



Paul and Chrissie are a young couple, in their twenties, and have started a new family.

Story as told by Chrissie

I'll never forget that day. My husband Paul didn't even eat breakfast, he was excited and wanted to get to the fire station early. It was his first week on the job. And there at the door, he stood he stood waiting for a hug from Jessie our adorable 3 year old. When Paul told that her he loved her, Jessie's face lit up with a big smile and in her tiny voice she said "Daddy, will you play with me when you get home?"

Paul smiled and said "Of course."


I hated that we both had to work, but I was glad that Jessie could go to Gail's apartment to play her daughter Jen. When we got there Jessie and Jen started playing with dolls right away. And then on my way out the door I heard Jessie tell Jen that her daddy is a fireman. She sounded so proud. I left feeling happy and proud of both Jessie and Paul.


I didn't know that that day would change my life forever.


They tell me that Jessie got up to go to the bathroom. Right after she closed the door there was huge explosion, the entire building shook. Gail said the apartment filled with smoke. Without even thinking Gail grabbed Jen and ran out.


Frantically she found the fire chief and told him that there was another little girl trapped in her apartment. But, the chief told her there was no way he could send anyone into that collapsing old building.


Then Gail heard Paul's voice on the radio saying he was on the second floor.

The chief told Paul to get out... that he had a family to think about, but Paul's voice came back on the radio and said that he wouldn't leave until he knew everyone was safe.


He said he heard there was a little girl trapped in one of the apartments. Little did he know...



The chief was yelling at him: "Are you insane, GET OUT OF THERE before the building collapses", but Paul refused.



When I got there I didn't see Jessie and just went crazy. I was going to go in there and get her myself. The chief had to grab me to stop me.



When he realized who I was he told me Paul was already in there. But when I asked him if they were OK, he just looked at me.


Then I heard Paul's voice on the radio. It was broken up, but I heard him say he it was really bad. He said he was going to try to get the child and make it to a window. He told the chief "You'd better call my wife. Tell Chrissie I love her and tell her to take good care of Jessie, and..." The radio went dead.


I screamed! All I could do was scream. "Paul, its Jessie! IT'S JESSIE! God, he doesn't know!"



The rest of the narrative is not available but the father finds the child and makes his way to a second story window as the roof is collapsing around him. With child in arms he jumps from the window placing the child in a position where upon landing the force will be on him and not on the child. 


All ends well as Father and child are re-united with the Mother safely. 

3 comments:

Z said...

Very interesting combo of song/painting/story...thanks, Ticker.
Imagine that wife's panic?
Firemen and paramedics knock me out with their courage.

sue hanes said...

Ticker - I can't tell you how glad I am that I checked your blog tonight.

But then I check it often...

And yes, God is present here.


Thanks, Ticker.

sue hanes said...

Ticker - Just wanted to add this - that your video not only impacted me because of the 'hero' aspect(of course) - but I'm into abstract painting, and the way the artist was working his canvas really blew me away.

So thanks, again.