Friday, December 16, 2011

Saturday Fun Time- No Recipe, Just Fun Christmas Music

l


 Alvin and the Chipmunks- Christmas Song

Anyone who grew up in the very late 50's and the early 60's will remember Alvin and the Chipmunks.  
Their squeaky little voices and constant antics with Dave made them one of the most popular groups of the time.  Their records sold like hotcakes and soon their Saturday morning cartoon show was a must for every kiddy, especially those under the age of 10.
 
In the 70's there was a resurgence of Alvin and the Chipmunks along with their songs, especially around Christmas time.  It was the songs and antics during Christmas that nearly drove parents insane. 
Once again the squeaky voices were heard on the airwaves almost non-stop and in many toy stores.  I for one thought that if I ever heard Alvin and the Chimpmunks again that I would pull out my hair or do something even more drastic such as using their records for target practice; One way of killing off the pesky little critters without actually harming one little bit of fur on wee little heads.  Of course my daughter would have cried her eyes out had I done such a thing. I survived as I am sure many of you did as well.

So for Saturday Fun Day, which hasn't been around for a while, I thought that I would refresh the memories of those who grew up with the Chipmunks, those of us who survived the children years of listening to Alvin and his gang of critters yelling at Dave and for those of us who are grandparents and are once again hearing about Alvin and the Chimpmunks. 
Can you believe it? I actually heard one of their songs on the radio as I traveled around shopping, spreading Christmas cheer. 

So enjoy and make sure that your now grown children listen to the song as well and bring in the grandkids to listen as well so they will immediately demand a Chimpmunk record or CD.
If you still have yours as I do mine be sure to volunteer to give them to the grandkids.

Karma, I believe it is called, is wonderful , isn't it!

5 comments:

sue hanes said...

Ticker - You win tonight's award given to the blogger that gave me the biggest 'smile of the evening.'

You and Alvin - that is.



Thanks, Ticker.

Anonymous said...

I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus

Fred G

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing & bringing a smile as I enjoy my morning coffee, Ticker! LOL, I always loved their song "Christmas Don't Be Late" ((((ALVIN)))!!!

Lanner

Ticker said...

Fred, you should have posted the Alvin and Chimpmunks version. Hahaha.

Glad folks liked Alvin and his buddies. Now that I have listened to their song I can't get the sound of their squeaky little voices out of my head. ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

sue hanes said...

Liked it.


Thanks Fred G.